Tuesday, March 4, 2008

La Española

My first encounter with Spanish was in Brno, Czech Republic, in 2003. I met few Spanish students there. However, I didn't learn any Spanish words with them. In 2004, I travelled Madrid, Córdoba and Barça. That time, I learnt few words of Española. In 2005, I studied the language formally. I attended the language courses about half a year. I did learn vocabulary and grammar in these lessons.

However, I was lazy so I didn't continue studying hard. Even I like to learn Spanish, my laziness took control myself instead. If I studied the language hard, I could write Spanish now. 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008, there are four years totally! For any slow learner, s/he can absorb something. But the theory doesn't apply on lazy learner.

Really, I want to learn Spanish again. I want to read poems from Federico García Lorca and Pablo Neruda. Of course, my ultimate goal is to enjoy Don Quixote by Cervantes. I've to study Spanish again.

Further readings:
Wikipedia: Miguel de Cervantes
Wikipedia: Don Quixote
Wikipedia: Federico García Lorca
Wikipedia: Pablo Neruda

No comments: